WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
OCTOBER 4 SPEAKER: Lin Zhang, MD, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Neurology, UC Davis speaking on "Living Well with PD."
1. FUNDRAISING EVENT WEDNESDAY, OCT. 8 at MARY'S PIZZA SHACK ON SUMMERFIELD RD. PSGSC will get 20% of Dine-in, Take-Out, or Delivery orders ALL day on Wed., Oct. 8. Attached is the flyer/coupon that you MUST present with your meal. More coupons will be available at our Sat., Oct. 4 meeting. Start planning a fun lunch/dinner/pizza delivery/etc. with family and friends. We had such a good time at our last Mary's fundraiser in April. There will be a sign-up sheet at our Oct. 4 meeting for all those that want to eat together for lunch in the party room at noon on Wed., Oct. 8 (ONLY Mary's on Summerfield Rd.)
2. Come check out our new Singing Group for People with P.D.
When: Fridays through December (NO class Oct. 31, Nov. 28, Dec. 26) from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Where: Room 8 Christ Church United Methodist...1717 Yulupa Ave., Santa Rosa (at Yulupa & Hoen Ave.)
Cost: $5.00 per person per clas
Sing! Laugh! Have fun! join us for vocal exercises designed to improve breath control and voice strength followed by fun sign-a long sessions every week. Request your favorites! Come when you can. Contact the instructor, Cheryl Lambert, for any additional details: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for mobile (801) 808-9227.
3. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
4. There is a section in our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
5. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
6. NOVEMBER 1 MEETING SPEAKER: Panel discussion on Safe Driving and Transportation issues.
7. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC