WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
OCTOBER SPEAKER: Melanie Brandabur, M.D., Clinical Director/Movement Disorders Specialist from the Parkinson's Institute of Sunnyvale will be our guest speaker. She will speak about "Living Well with Parkinson's." She is one of the top experts on Parkinson's and atypical Parkinson's in the USA so bring your questions!!!
1. Put on your Calendars: OCTOBER 9 FUNDRAISER AT MARY'S PIZZA SHACK ON SUMMERFIELD ROAD. We will get 20% of Dine-in,Take-out orders,or Delivery orders ALL day on Wed., Oct. 9. Below, you will find the official coupon/flyer you must present to your server in order for PSGSC to get credit for the sale. When printing the flyers, they may be in black and white. PRINT SEVERAL COPIES TO GIVE OUT TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!! The more people we get to attend our fundraiser on Wednesday, Oct. 9, the more money PSGSC will receive. We also will have copies to take and distribute at our monthly meeting on Sat. Oct. 5. There will be a sign-up sheet on the front table for all those that want to eat together for lunch in the back room at 12:00.
2. We are in the process of updating our Membership Data Base. Please fill out the form on the table after getting your name tag. This is for ALL members. We need your current updated information.
3. We have now sold enough Tulip Pins to break even on the cost of the pins. Every pin sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
4. Library/Resource Materials: We took 2 hours to go through and clean out some of our resource materials that had accumulated over the years. We are putting out on our "Free Materials Table" some books that we felt were outdated but generally contained relevant material on Parkinson's Disease. You may take anything that you would like to read.
- "Neurology Now" is a free magazine that often has good articles on Parkinson's Disease. You can sign up online to begin receiving this publication at home or you can find a mail-in order form on our Resources Table.
- Also on our back table you will find a membership form to fill out to support the Parkinson Association of Northern California (PANC). PANC membership is important to us because it provides us (PSGSC) with discounted insurance needed to cover our meetings in the church. Your annual dues (paying now will take you through all of 2014) of $50.00 will provide you with informative newsletters, trainings, and conferences (see PANC website www.parkinsonsacramento.org). PANC is an affiliated Chapter of the National Parkinson Foundation (NPF).
5. Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday meetings.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space, and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO Dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
8. NOVEMBER 2, MEETING SPEAKER: Susan Wiegman, PT at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital will give an interactive presentation on "Exercise and Balance Tips for People with Parkinson's."
-Kathy Osbun, Chairman PSGSC