WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
NOVEMBER 1 TOPIC: "Driving Safely As We Age." The panel consists of 4 speakers: Rabon Saip, Colleen Campbell, Dean Brittingham, and Gail Van Buren. They are all members of the Transportation and Mobility Committee for the Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council.
1. Because we will be having a panel of speakers, we most likely will not have time for our smaller breakout groups. BUT...one of our members, Sue Lifschiz, will share her hobby of making a line of children's clothes using second-hand denim and adding different embellishments. She just completed her last show at the Oakmont Art Assoc. Annual Art Show and still has about 30 outfits for young girls and boys. She is offering the opportunity for any members to select an outfit in exchange for a check made out to the MICHAEL J. FOX FOUNDATION in the amount of your choosing ( a reasonable minimum, like $10, would be asked). Sue would receive NO money...only the personal reward of having her handiwork appreciated and helping contribute to Parkinson's research by the Michael J. Fox Foundation. View the cute clothes before and after the meeting in a side room. BRING YOUR CHECKBOOKS.
2. Come check out our new Singing Group for People with P.D.
When: Fridays through December (NO class Oct. 31, Nov. 28, Dec. 26) from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Where: Room 8 Christ Church United Methodist...1717 Yulupa Ave., Santa Rosa (at Yulupa & Hoen Ave.)
Cost: $5.00 per person per class
Sing! Laugh! Have fun! join us for vocal exercises designed to improve breath control and voice strength followed by fun sign-a long sessions every week. We'll start practicing some fun seasonal songs that we can share at the PSGSC Holiday Party on Dec. 13. Come when you can. Contact the instructor, Cheryl Lambert, for any additional details: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for mobile (801) 808-9227.
3. We want to thank our member, John Hamilton, for procuring a projector for us to have on hand for our speakers with a power point presentation. The Board approved this purchase which is paid for by your donations.
4. I'm happy to report that we received approximately $238 from our Mary's Pizza fundraiser. It was a fun and profitable event. Thanks to all who participated.
5. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
6. There is a section in our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
7. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
8. PLEASE NOTE: Our DECEMBER 13 MEETING is the SECOND SATURDAY OF THE MONTH (NOT Dec. 6). DECEMBER 13 IS OUR HOLIDAY PARTY. Please bring FINGER FOOD to share. We will have holiday music by our own PD Singing Group as well as a sing-a-long.
9. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website, www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org, where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC