WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
NOVEMBER SPEAKER: Susan Wiegman, Physical Therapist from Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, will do an interactive presentation about "Exercise & Balance Tips for People w/Parkinson's." She'll also discuss two free exercise classes for people w/Parkinson's & their caregivers. After her presentation we'll break for snacks & then have smaller support groups for people w/Parkinson's and for families/caregivers.
1. We are in the process of updating our Membership Data Base. Please fill out the form on the table after getting your name tag. This is for ALL members. We need your current updated information.
2. Thank you to all who supported our Mary's fundraiser on Wed., Oct. 9. I will let you know how much we received as soon as I hear the report from Mary's. A good time was had by all!!
3. We have now sold enough Tulip Pins to break even on the cost of the pins. Every pin sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
4. We are in desperate need of a volunteer who would be willing to be a "BACK-UP Video Person" at our monthly meetings when we video the speaker and transfer it to a DVD. The DVD is placed in our library to check out for those who were unable to attend a meeting. Mike LeMole and Bud Suiter have generously volunteered their time and expertise for years to do this for us. Mike would be happy to train someone to be a "BACK-UP" for him if he is unable to make a meeting. Please let me or any Board Member know of your interest.
5. PSGSC Members Marc Alexander and Suzanne deKozan both attended the World Parkinson's Congress in Montreal recently. The following is a report from Marc and the website to view some of the speakers:
I found the WPC to be a very rich event both emotionally and educationally. Of course there were many courses occurring simultaneously, and it was impossible to attend everything, but a few of the key talks were filmed and the webcasts are available for direct streaming from this site: http://www.icastpro.ca/events/wpc/2013/10/01/3rd-world-parkinson-congress-gateway I think they are available to anyone by clicking on the program day and registering your email address.
6. Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday meetings.
7. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space, and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO Dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
8. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
9 . PLEASE NOTE: Our DECEMBER 14 MEETING IS THE SECOND SATURDAY OF THE MONTH (NOT DEC. 7TH). December 14 is our HOLIDAY PARTY. Please bring FINGER FOOD to share. We will have holiday music provided by Taina & theFijian Choir.
-Kathy Osbun, Chairman PSGSC