WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
MARCH 5 SPEAKER: Nicholas Galifianakis, MD-UCSF/VASF Movement Disorder Specialist
Topic: "Filling the Gaps in PD Treatment: Non-motor Symptoms and Neuroprotection"
1. OPEN HOUSE & FUNDRAISER: Come join us on MARCH 12 at 2:00 to celebrate our first year of providing our Dance Class for People with Parkinson's Disease, their spouses, friends and caregivers at the Odd Fellows Hall (545 Pacific Ave., Santa Rosa at Mendocino across from SRJC). Your support will help Dance for Parkinson's - Sonoma continue its mission of bringing the joy of dance to the Parkinson's community.
2. April is PARKINSON'S AWARENESS MONTH: MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR OUR SPRING FUNDRAISERWEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, AT MARY'S PIZZA SHACK ON SUMMERFIELD RD.
PSGSC will get 20% of Dine-in, Take-Out, Delivery orders ALL day on Wed., April 6. More information to come.
3. Come join our on-going classes listed below:
-DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S
CREATIVE MOVEMENT/DANCE CLASS
Our Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County is
sponsoring a creative movement class modeled on the Dance for PD program
developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group.
DAYS: Every SECOND & FOURTH THURSDAYS of the month
TIME: 1:30-2:30 (Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments after)
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa
COST: Suggested DONATION of $10 per class
CONTACT: (707) 942-4234 or email@example.com
- SINGING GROUP FOR PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON'S
Sponsored by the Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County
Come join in the fun of music through singing to live accompaniment of piano or guitar. No musical or vocal experience necessary. People with Parkinson's will strengthen their voices through vocal exercises, breathing, and singing a variety of familiar songs.
WHO: ANYONE WITH PARKINSON'S
WHEN: FIRST and THIRD FRIDAYS OF EVERY MONTH
TIME: 10:00-11:00 AM
WHERE: 1615 CLEVELAND AVE. SANTA ROSA
(Parking in lot after building on Foley St, or on Foley St.)
CONTACT: JAMIE BLUMENTHAL, MA, MT-BC (707-695-4145 or Jamie@northbaymusictherapy.com)
COST: $5.00 Suggested donation
4. On-going Fundraiser: OLIVER'S MARKET WILL CONTRIBUTE 3% OF YOUR PURCHASES TO PSGSC EVERY TIME YOU SHOP AND PRESENT AN OLIVER'S COMMUNITY eScrip CARD. Applications are available at our meeting. All you have to do is turn in the paper to Oliver's Market and they will give you a card. EASY!!
5. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
6. Don't forget to check our LIBRARY for new books/materials/Clinical trials info/DVD's of past speakers/etc. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
7. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, dance/singing classes, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
8. April 2 meeting speaker: To be announced at a later date. Check our website under "Speakers"
9. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website, www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org, where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, events etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC