WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
MARCH 7 SPEAKER: "Capturing Grace" a film by Dave Iverson showing how a legendary dance company and people with Parkinson's join forces to create a performance of a lifetime. Following the film will be a DANCE for PARKINSON'S demonstration with instructor Torri Campbell. See below for our own upcoming DANCE CLASS with Torri.
1. MARK YOUR CALENDARS... DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S
NEW CREATIVE MOVEMENT/DANCE CLASS
Beginning Thursday, March 12, our Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County is sponsoring a creative movement class modeled on the Dance for PD program developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group.
DAYS: Every SECOND & FOURTH THURSDAYS of the month
TIME: 1:30-2:30 (Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments after)
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa
COST: Suggested DONATION of $10 per class
CONTACT: (707) 942-4234 or email@example.com
2. NEW SINGING GROUP FOR PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON'S
Sponsored by the Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County
Beginning FRIDAY, MARCH 20, come join in the fun of music through singing to live accompaniment of piano or guitar. No musical or vocal experience necessary. People with Parkinson's will strengthen their voices through vocal exercises, breathing, and singing a variety of familiar songs.
WHO: ANYONE WITH PARKINSON'S
WHEN: FIRST and THIRD FRIDAYS OF EVERY MONTH
TIME: 10:00-11:00 AM
WHERE: 1615 CLEVELAND AVE. SANTA ROSA (Parking in lot after building on Foley St, or on Foley St.)
CONTACT: JAMIE BLUMENTHAL, MA, MT-BC (707-695-4145 or Jamie@northbaymusictherapy.com)
COST: $5.00 Suggested donation
3. We have made a slight change on our website worth noting. Instead of "Recent Posts" we are now calling it " Announcements." We have also added another drop-down box for " Events" which will include all our information for classes, fundraisers, etc.
4. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
5. There is a section in our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NEXT MEETING: Saturday, April 4 with Dr. Paul Larson, MD, Vice Chair neurosurgery UCSF and Chief neurosurgery service VA. Topic: Surgical treatment of PD
8. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC