WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
MARCH 1st SPEAKER: ROBERT LEAVITT, PT, will speak on the Lee Silverman Physical Therapy "BIG" approach for people with Parkinson's.
1. We are in the process of updating our Membership Data Base. Please fill out the form on the table after getting your name tag. This is for ALL members if you haven't done so yet. We need your current updated information.
2. Volunteers are always needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday monthly meetings.
3. There will be a new section to our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS"information. Flyers will be available and further questions about specific trials can be directed to Marc Alexander.
4. Several members have been working hard to update our library/resource materials to keep them current and inventory them. Also, new books/materials are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
5. We have now sold enough Tulip Pins to break even on the cost of the pins. Every pin sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. APRIL 5 SPEAKER: Megan Bowers, RN, Clinical Trials Coordinator for the Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale, will discuss current clinical trials and provide information about participating in clinical trials.
8. LOOKING AHEAD: APRIL IS PARKINSON'S AWARENESS MONTH. Look for dates and information about fundraisers planned for April coming soon.
9. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC