WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
JUNE 4 SPEAKER: Kevin Kwok speaking on "Taking control of PD and Your Life." Kevin has Parkinson's Disease and his background includes recruiting talent for biotech and pharmaceutical companies, as well as being active in the Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) and Davis Phinney Foundation (a Board Member).
1. NO JULY MEETING - Happy 4th of July!
2. Come join our on-going classes listed below: SEE NOTE ABOUT CHANGE OF VENUE FOR SINGING CLASS
-DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S
CREATIVE MOVEMENT/DANCE CLASS
Our Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County is
sponsoring a creative movement class modeled on the Dance for PD program
developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group.
DAYS: Every SECOND & FOURTH THURSDAYS of the month
TIME: 1:30-2:30 (Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments after)
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa
COST: Suggested DONATION of $10 per class
CONTACT: (707) 942-4234 or email@example.com
NEW VENUE FOR PD SINGING CLASS
Please note that our Singing class for People with Parkinson's with Jamie Blumenthal has changed the meeting place. We will now meet at the ODD FELLOWS HALL ( 545 Pacific Ave.) in their Conference room. The room is larger, there is plenty of parking, and there are ramps and bathrooms if needed. Our dates and meeting times will stay the same. We meet the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month from 10:00-11:00 (requested donation of $5.00).
Classes begin with vocal exercises and move into singing familiar songs from a variety of genres. We sing to live accompaniment of piano or guitar. No musical or vocal experience is necessary. Join us and have fun!!
For more information call or e-mail Jamie Blumenthal, (707) 695-4145 or Jamie@northbaymusictherapy.com
3. On-going Fundraiser: OLIVER'S MARKET WILL CONTRIBUTE 3% OF YOUR PURCHASES TO PSGSC EVERY TIME YOU SHOP AND PRESENT AN OLIVER'S COMMUNITY eScrip CARD. Applications are available at our meeting. All you have to do is turn in the paper to Oliver's Market and they will give you a card. EASY!!
4. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
5. Don't forget to check our LIBRARY for new books/materials/clinical trials info/DVD's of past speakers/etc. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, dance/singing classes, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NO JULY MEETING...HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!
8. AUGUST 13 MEETING (NOTE THIS IS THE 2ND SATURDAY IN AUGUST!! - Veronica Santini, MD - Stanford Professor, Neurology TOPIC: Autonomic Dysfunction in PD
9. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, events etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC