WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
JUNE 7 SPEAKER: Robert White, MD, Clinical Researcher & Instructor of Neurology, UCSF & UC Berkeley will speak on "Parkinson's & Cognitive Function."
1. IMPORTANT BREAKOUT GROUP DISCUSSION AFTER THE SPEAKER:
- Come prepared to get/give information regarding local EXERCISE CLASSES to members in our Breakout Group session. Paper & pens to jot down information will be provided if you don't bring your own.
- We have been offered the opportunity to have a colleague of Karen French come speak to the Parkinson's Breakout Group about starting a "SINGING GROUP" for people with Parkinson's. She will be there to discuss If you would like to create a singing group... When? Where? How? How Much? Come prepared to give your input.
2. SURVEY: We will be handing out a survey to our members to get your input on your interest in topics for speakers for 2015.
3. Dine & Donate Results: Thanks to everyone who participated, PSGSC earned $340 from Mary's, $225 from Round Table, and $480 from Johnny Garlic's. PSGSC will be donating 20% from Johnny Garlic's to The Michael J. Fox Foundation (for research) and 20% to The National Parkinson's Foundation (for educational materials).
4. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
5. There will be a new section to our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS"information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NO JULY MEETING: Happy 4th of July!!
8. AUGUST 9 MEETING (Please note that this is the SECOND SATURDAY of the month!!): Steven Finkbeiner, MD, Senior Researcher at UCSF, Professor of Neurology, Director of the Gladstone Institute of Neurologic Diseases, Director of the Center for Huntington's Research & of the Hellman Foundation's Alzheimer's Research Program.
9. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC