NEXT MEETING: SATURDAY, JULY 13th from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
JULY 13 PROGRAM: CELEBRATING INDEPENDENCE— Members Sharing Success Stories
Join us for Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Side Dishes, Condiments and ICE CREAM & toppings Plus: An inspirational film, Report from World Parkinson’s Conference on Latest Information, A chance to socialize and exchange thoughts on independence and hobbies Check your email for invitation from Punchbowl and PSGSC. Plan to come for a fun afternoon.
1. SCHOLARSHIP OFFERING: One of the purposes of PSGSC is to promote activities which benefit the Parkinson's Community. We are particularly committed to advocating for the wellness of People with Parkinson's (PWP). The PSGSC Board has decided to extend our support to
LSVT-BIG, a movement therapy program. Designed for PWP given by trained and certified professionals. PSGSC has set aside limited tuition scholarship funding. Flyers will be available on the table at each meeting which explain the commitment involved in the program. We have revised the application form to make it easier to understand and fill out. Please let us know if you are interested, and we can get the process started for you.
2. ON-GOING CLASSES Come join one of our classes listed below:
DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S - Please note that we are now offering THREE classes per month!! Our Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County sponsors a creative movement class modeled on the Dance for PD program developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group.
DAYS: Every Second, Third and Fourth of the month TIME: 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments after) PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa COST: Suggested DONATION of $10 per class CONTACT: Nancy Wilson (707) 888-5174 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PD SINGING CLASS Join us and have fun singing familiar songs from a variety of genres. We sing to live accompaniment. No musical or vocal experience is necessary.
DAYS: Every First & Third Fridays of the month TIME: 10:00-11:00 a.m. PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa COST: Suggested DONATION of $5 per class CONTACT: Steve DeLap (707) 694-2051 email@example.com
Steve is president of the Sonoma County Folk Society.
3. ON-GOING FUNDRAISERS:
▪ OLIVER'S MARKET: Will contribute 3% of your purchases to PSGSC every time you shop and present an OLIVER'S COMMUNITY eScrip CARD. Applications are available at our meeting. All you have to do is turn in the paper to Oliver's Market and they will give you a card.
▪ AMAZONSMILE: If ordering from AMAZON, please consider signing up on AMAZONSMILE then contribute to PSGSC for your AMAZON PURCHASES.
▪ TULIP PINS: The tulip is the symbol for PD. We have tulip pins selling for $5. They will be available at our meetings.
We won’t have our library set up on July 13th, but don't forget to check our Library next month for new books/ materials/clinical trials info/DVD's of past speakers/etc. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished. If you would like to volunteer to assist at the Library Table, please talk with Marie Kay Hansen.
6. DONATION JAR : We pass a Donation Jar at our general meetings. The donations help PSGSC pay for our
meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, dance/singing classes, scholarships, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NEXT MEETING: AUGUST 10 (SECOND SATURDAY OF MONTH)
SPEAKER: Presenters from ATA. Parkpoint PWR, Rock Steady Boxing TOPIC: “Exercise Options to Maximize Wellness”
We will have exercise professionals who will demonstrate their exercise programs which are tailored for people with Parkinson’s
8. WEBSITE: PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org
There you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, events etc. Check it out and make suggestions for additions that would be helpful to you.
Nancy Wilson, President/Chair PSGSC