NEXT MEETING: SATURDAY, AUGUST 10, from 1:00-3:15
REMINDER: THIS IS THE SECOND SATURDAY OF THE MONTH
WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
AUGUST 10 SPEAKER: Dr. Deborah Swain & staff from the Swain Center VOICE Project will discuss and demonstrate the LSVT LOUD speech therapy approach designed for people with Parkinson's and atypical PD. Several people in our support group have participated in the Swain Center's LOUD program.
1. We are in the process of updating our Membership Data Base. Please fill out the form on the table after getting your name tag. This is for ALL members. We need your current updated information.
2. We are getting several new books in our library which are available for check out. Some new titles are:
- Unexpected Journey by George L. Johnston
- How to Live Well with Parkinson's: Advice from a Physical Therapist
- Understanding Parkinson's Disease, a Self-Help Guide
- 100 Questions and Answers About Parkinson's Disease by Abraham Liberman, M.D.
3. We have now sold enough Tulip Pins to break even on the cost of the pins. Every pin sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
4. Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday meetings.
5. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space, and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO Dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
6. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
7. REMINDER: NO MEETING IN SEPTEMBER...HAPPY LABOR DAY!
8. OCTOBER 5 MEETING SPEAKER: Melanie Brandabur, M.D., Clinical Director/Movement Disorders Specialist from the Parkinson's Institute of Sunnyvale will be our guest speaker. She is one of the top experts on Parkinson's and atypical Parkinson's in the USA so bring your questions!!!
-Kathy Osbun, Chairman PSGSC