WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
FEBRUARY 7 SPEAKER: Dr. Neng Huang, MD, PhD from Valley Parkinson Clinic will speak on Parkinson's Disease with time devoted to questions and answers.
1. At our Annual PSGSC Board Meeting in January, the Board accepted with regret the resignation of long time members Davis Brown, Arlene and George Irizary. They were thanked profusely for their many years of service on the PSGSC Board of Directors. New members John Hamilton, Marie Kay Hansen, Davida & Ed Brautman, and Nancy Wilson will be joining the Board for 2015. The following 15 PSGSC members were voted in as Board Members and Officers:
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair; Marc Alexander, Vice Chair/Program Coordinator; Sandy Grant, Treasurer; Barbara France, Secretary; Dana May Casperson; Art Rosenblum; Ann Walker; Suzanne deKozan; David Getzoff; Gloria Stubbs; John Hamilton; Marie Kay Hansen; Ed Brautman; Davida Brautman; and Nancy Wilson.
2. The Board of Directors is currently working on developing "Parkinson's Dance Project Sonoma" a class designed by the Mark Morris Dance Company of New York for People with Parkinsons/care partners, etc. and a new singing class for People with Parkinson's. Stay tuned for more information to come on these 2 new classes.
3. PSGSC members Ed and Davida Brautman will be participating in a National Parkinson's Foundation fundraising walk in San Francisco called "Moving Day" on April 19 (April is Parkinson's Awareness Month). Their daughter has designed ornamental tulips that will be sold for a $1.00 donation at our next 2 meetings.
4. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
5. There is a section in our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NEXT MEETING: Saturday, March 7 with Dave Iverson, Journalist (PD patient) & Tori Campbell, Dance Instructor.TOPIC:"Parkinson's Dance Project Sonoma" and showing of the film "Capturing Grace" (Mark Morris Dance Company)
8. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC