WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
FEBRUARY 2 SPEAKER: MATTHEW ARNOLD, MD, Movement Disorders Neurologist in private practice, Berkeley, CA
1. I am happy to report that at our PSGSC Annual Board Meeting in January, Barbara France was elected as Board Member and Secretary. The Board accepted with regret the resignation of Barbara Stiling and thanked her for her longtime service to PSGSC. At the same time, Marc Alexander was elected as a non-voting alternate Board Member who can take part in Board discussions and, when a Board vacancy occurs, can step in to fill that position. The following 15 PSGSC members were voted in as Board Members and Officers:
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair; Arlene Irizary, Vice Chair/Program Coordinator; Sandy Grant, Treasurer; Barbara France, Secretary; George irizary, Correspondence Secretary; Davis Brown; Dana May Casperson; Art Rosenblum; Suzanne deKozan; Jim France; David Getzoff; Karen Lovvorn; Phyllis Sands; Gloria Stubbs; Ann Walker; Marc Alexander, Alternate.
2. We are in the process of updating our Membership Data Base. Please fill out the form on the table after getting your name tag at our February meeting. This is for ALL members. We need your current updated information.
3. We have been selling "Tulip Pins," the national symbol of Parkinson's Disease, for $5.00. We will have them available at our meetings. This is an on-going fundraiser for PSGSC. Buy your pins!!
4. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space, and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. Thanks for your monthly donations!
5. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
6. MARCH Meeting: SATURDAY, MARCH 2 will have a panel on community resources and other options. Panelists will be Dorothy Foster of Redwood Caregivers Resource Center; Liz Claret of Care Management/Sonoma County Adult and Aging Services; and Joy Lovinger of Senior Placement Services and a board member on the Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging.
-Kathy Osbun, Chairman PSGSC