WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
AUGUST 15 SPEAKER: DR. KHANDHAR, PARKINSON'S/MOVEMENT DISORDER'S SPECIALIST FROM KAISER, SACRAMENTO
1. DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S CREATIVE MOVEMENT/DANCE CLASS
Our Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County is sponsoring a creative movement class modeled on the Dance for PD program developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group.
DAYS: Every SECOND & FOURTH THURSDAYS of the month
TIME: 1:30-2:30 (Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments after)
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa
COST: Suggested DONATION of $10 per class
CONTACT: (707) 942-4234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. SINGING GROUP FOR PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON'S
Sponsored by the Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County
Come join in the fun of music through singing to live accompaniment of piano or guitar. No musical or vocal experience necessary. People with Parkinson's will strengthen their voices through vocal exercises, breathing, and singing a variety of familiar songs.
WHO: ANYONE WITH PARKINSON'S
WHEN: FIRST and THIRD FRIDAYS OF EVERY MONTH
TIME: 10:00-11:00 AM
WHERE: 1615 CLEVELAND AVE. SANTA ROSA
(Parking in lot after building on Foley St, or on Foley St.)
CONTACT: JAMIE BLUMENTHAL, MA, MT-BC (707-695-4145 or Jamie@northbaymusictherapy.com)
COST: $5.00 Suggested donation
3. On-going Fundraiser: OLIVER'S MARKET WILL CONTRIBUTE 3% OF YOUR PURCHASES TO PSGSC EVERY TIME YOU SHOP AND PRESENT AN OLIVER'S COMMUNITY eScrip CARD. Applications are available at our meeting. All you have to do is turn in the paper to Oliver's Market and they will give you a card. EASY!!
4. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
5. There is a section in our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, dance/singing classes, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NOTE: NO MEETING IN SEPTEMBER
8. NEXT MEETING: OCTOBER 3 with speaker DR. KATHLEEN POSTON, MD, Assistant professor of Neurology at Stanford
9. LOOKING AHEAD: NOVEMBER 7 MEETING: "SHOW AND TELL" YOUR HOBBIES, HANDIWORK, AND HELPFUL DEVICES FOR PARKINSONIANS. More information coming to you later.
10. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, events etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC