WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
AUGUST 9 SPEAKER: Steven Finkbeiner, MD, Senior Researcher at UCSF, Professor of Neurology, Director of the Gladstone Institute of Neurologic Diseases, Director of the Center for Huntington's Research & of the Hellman Foundation's Alzheimer's Research Program will speak on "Developing New Therapies for P.D."
1. SURVEY: We will be handing out a survey to our members to get your input on your interest in topics for speakers for 2015.
2. Come check out our new Singing Group for People with P.D.
When: 6-week course July 25-Aug.29...Fridays 4:00-5:00 p.m. Mixed voices (Men and Women)
Where: Room 8 Christ Church United Methodist...1717 Yulupa Ave., Santa Rosa (at Yulupa & Hoen Ave.)
Cost: $5.00 per person per class
Singing is the fun way to strengthen your throat muscles and lungs and keep your voice working. Exercises for breath control, volume, and pitch at each session. Group singing mostly in unison with some work on learning parts. Laugh, smile, and have fun singing some of your favorite folk and popular songs. Leader Cheryl Lambert, Ph.D., completed 4 years of private voice lessons and has led church and community choral groups for more than 20 years.Come join at any time.
3. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
4. There is a section in our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
5. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
6. NO SEPTEMBER MEETING: Happy Labor Day!!
7. OCTOBER 4 MEETING SPEAKER: Lin Zhang, MD, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Neurology, UC Davis
8. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC