WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
APRIL 5th SPEAKER: Megan Bowers, RN, Clinical Trials Coordinator for the Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale, will speak on "Clinical Trials and You" about the research process from lab bench to pharmacy shelf.
1. APRIL IS PARKINSON'S AWARENESS MONTH. We will be having 3 Dine & Donate events.
- Put WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9, on your calendars for our MARY'S PIZZA SHACK (Summerfield Rd.) FUNDRAISING EVENT. We will get 20% of Dine-in, Take-Out, or Delivery orders ALL day on Wednesday, April 9. Flyers/coupons will be e-mailed to you, and we will have more coupons available at our April 5 meeting. You will also find the coupon on our website (www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org). You must present a coupon!! This fundraiser is ONLY at the Mary's Pizza Shack on Summerfield Rd. Start planning a fun lunch/dinner/pizza delivery/etc. with family and friends. We had such a good time at our last Mary's fundraiser in October. There will be a sign-up sheet at our April 5 meeting for all those that want to eat together for lunch in the party room at noon on April 9.
-THURSDAY, APRIL 24 - JOHNNY GARLIC'S (1460 Farmer's Lane) will donate 25% of pre-tax food sales to PSGSC. The PSGSC Board decided to donate 20% of what we receive from Johnny Garlic's on April 24 to the Michael J. Fox Foundation (support for research) and 20% to the National Parkinson's Foundation (support for educational materials). The rest of the proceeds will go to PSGSC. Coupons will be e-mailed to you to present at the time of purchase. We will also have coupons available at our April 5 Meeting and on our website (www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org).
-WEDNESDAY, MAY 7 - ROUND TABLE PIZZA (Montgomery Village, Magowan Dr.). Round Table's Dine and Donate fundraiser is run somewhat differently than the other two Dine & Donates explained above. At this one, we present the coupon (to be e-mailed to you) and you get 20% OFF your dine-in or to-go order. It is then up to YOU how much you donate to PSGSC. Round Table and PSGSC hope you will donate the DISCOUNT amount or even MORE to PSGSC.
2. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends! Wear your pins in April to support Parkinson's Awareness Month.
3. Volunteers are always needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday monthly meetings.
5. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
6. MAY 3 SPEAKER: Lee Dibble, Ph.D, PT, Professor at the University of Utah & Director of the Parkinsonism Exercise Program will focus on balance, exercise & fall prevention. Dr. Dibble's work was featured in the National Parkinson's Foundation summer 2013 newsletter.
7. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!