Please note this is the SECOND SATURDAY IN MARCH.
WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Santa Rosa
Just south of Hoen Ave.
MARCH 9 SPEAKER: Carol Peterson, Occupational Therapist.
Topic: “Assistive Devices & Home Adaptations”
We will have many helpful aids demonstrated, and some vehicles in the parking lot for you to view.
Please bring to share/show any aid you find useful in your daily life .
1. THREE SCHOLARSHIP OFFERINGS: One of the purposes of PSGSC is to promote activities which benefit the Parkinson's Community. We are particularly committed to advocating for the wellness of People with Parkinson's (PWP). The PSGSC Board has decided to extend our support to:
- LSVT-LOUD, a speech therapy program,
- PARKINSON'S VOICE THERAPY (a program created by the Swain Center)
- LSVT-BIG, a movement therapy program.
- All are designed for PWP and given by trained and certified professionals. PSGSC has set aside limited tuition scholarship funding. Flyers will be available on the table at each meeting that explain the commitment involved in each program. We have revised the application form to make it easier to understand and fill out. Please let us know if you are interested, and we can get the process started for you.
2. ON-GOING CLASSES Come join one of our classes listed below:
- DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S - Please note that we are now offering THREE classes per month!!
DAYS: FIRST, SECOND & FOURTH THURSDAYS of the month
TIME: 1:30-2:30 p.m.(Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments)
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa\
COST: Suggested DONATION: $10 per class
CONTACT: Catherine Luther at (707) 765-1888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A calendar of Dance Class dates is on our website.
- PD SINGING CLASS
DAYS: Every First & Third Fridays of the month
TIME: 10:00-11:00 a.m.
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa
COST: Suggested DONATION: $5 per class
CONTACT: Steve DeLap (707) 694-2051 email@example.com
- OLIVER'S MARKET: Will contribute 3% of your purchases to PSGSC every time you shop and present an OLIVER'S COMMUNITY eScrip CARD. Applications are available at our meeting. All you have to do is turn in the paper to Oliver's Market and they will give you a card.
- AMAZONSMILE: If ordering from AMAZON, please consider signing up on AMAZONSMILE then contribute to PSGSC for your AMAZON PURCHASES.
- TULIP PINS: The tulip is the symbol for PD. We have tulip pins selling for $5. They are available at our meetings.
Don't forget to check our Library for new books/materials/clinical trials and info/DVDs of past speakers. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished. If you would like to volunteer to assist at the Library Table, please talk with Marie Kay Hansen.
5. AUDIO-VISUAL: Patrick Hardman manages our A-V equipment and sets up
the equipment for our speakers. If you would like to become a back-up for
Patrick, please contact him at the break.
6. DONATION JAR : We pass a Donation Jar at our general meetings. The donations help PSGSC pay for our meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, dance/singing classes, scholarships, etc. We have no dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NEXT MEETING: April 6, 2019
SPEAKER: Cheryl Fox, RN, Fox & Associates Home Health
TOPIC: “What’s Next?”
Community Resources for the Highest Quality of Life Possible
8. WEBSITE: PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org
There you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, calendars, resources & events. Check it out!!
Nancy Wilson, 2019 President/Chair PSGSC