WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
NOVEMBER 7 "SHOW & TELL" EVENT:
HOBBIES, HANDIWORK, AND HELPFUL DEVICES FOR PARKINSONIANS. PSGSC members have signed up to display many creative endeavors for all of us to enjoy. There will be a RAFFLE of donated items as a fundraiser ($1.00 per ticket or 6 tickets for $5.00). Some raffle items donated so far are jewelry, an acrylic painting, a hooked rug, marquetry, etc.
ALSO...THERE WILL BE PSGSC MEMBERS WHO WISH TO SELL THEIR ITEMS AND DONATE ALL THE PROCEEDS TO OUR GROUP! So BRING SOME MONEY TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR RAFFLE OF LOVELY DONATED ITEMS.
After an hour of touring the tables and talking to our creative people, we will have refreshments and move to our supportive Break-out Groups.
1. We made $148 at our Mary's fundraiser. Thanks to all who participated and enjoyed good food and fun conversation.
2. ON-GOING CLASSES
- DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S
CREATIVE MOVEMENT/DANCE CLASS
Our Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County is
sponsoring a creative movement class modeled on the Dance for PD program
developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group.
DAYS: Every SECOND & FOURTH THURSDAYS of the month
TIME: 1:30-2:30 (Come early to get ready and stay for refreshments after)
PLACE: THE ODD FELLOWS HALL (545 Pacific Ave. at Mendocino) Santa Rosa
COST: Suggested DONATION of $10 per class
CONTACT: (707) 942-4234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- SINGING GROUP FOR PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON'S
Sponsored by the Parkinson's Support Group of Sonoma County
Come join in the fun of music through singing to live accompaniment of piano or guitar. No musical or vocal experience necessary. People with Parkinson's will strengthen their voices through vocal exercises, breathing, and singing a variety of familiar songs.
WHO: ANYONE WITH PARKINSON'S
WHEN: FIRST and THIRD FRIDAYS OF EVERY MONTH
TIME: 10:00-11:00 AM
WHERE: 1615 CLEVELAND AVE. SANTA ROSA (Parking in lot after building on Foley St, or on Foley St.)
CONTACT: JAMIE BLUMENTHAL, MA, MT-BC (707-695-4145 or Jamie@northbaymusictherapy.com)
COST: $5.00 Suggested donation
3. On-going Fundraiser: OLIVER'S MARKET WILL CONTRIBUTE 3% OF YOUR PURCHASES TO PSGSC EVERY TIME YOU SHOP AND PRESENT AN OLIVER'S COMMUNITY eScrip CARD. Applications are available at our meeting. All you have to do is turn in the paper to Oliver's Market and they will give you a card. EASY!!
4. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
5. Don't forget to check our LIBRARY for new books/materials/Clinical trials info/DVD's of past speakers/etc. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, dance/singing classes, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. NOTE: Our DECEMBER 12 meeting (the SECOND Saturday of the month) will be our HOLIDAY PARTY. Please bring FINGER FOOD for everyone to enjoy. We will set up tables for eating and socializing as well as enjoy a Holiday Sing-a-Long with Jamie Blumenthal, our PD class singing instructor. We also hope to have a demonstration of our Dancing class for all to enjoy.
8. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, events etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC