WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
MAY 3rd SPEAKER: Lee Dibble, Ph.D, PT, Professor at the University of Utah & Director of the Parkinsonism Exercise Program "Physical Activity in the Treatment of PD." Dr. Dibble's work was featured in the National Parkinson's Foundation summer 2013 newsletter.
1. WEDNESDAY, MAY 7 - ROUND TABLE PIZZA (Montgomery Village, Magowan Dr.) will be our final Dine & Donate fundraiser for PSGSC. Round Table's Dine and Donate fundraiser is run somewhat differently than Mary's (we earned approx. $350) and Johnny Garlic's (too soon to know how we did). At this one, we present the coupon (to be e-mailed to you, found below, or copies will be available at our meeting) and you get 20% OFF your dine-in or to-go order. It is then up to YOU how much you donate to PSGSC. Round Table and PSGSC hope you will donate the DISCOUNT amount or even MORE to PSGSC. Please get the word out to family and friends. Hope to see you there!!
2. Every TULIP PIN sold for $5.00 will now be added to PSGSC as fundraising profit. Keep buying tulip pins for family and friends!
3. Volunteers are always needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday monthly meetings.
4. There will be a new section to our library on the back tables labeled "CLINICAL TRIALS" information. Also, new books/materials/DVD's are frequently being added. If you have any books checked out, please return them when you are finished.
5. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. We have NO dues or membership fees. Thanks for your monthly donations!
6. JUNE 7 SPEAKER: Robert White, MD, Clinical Researcher & Instructor of Neurology, UCSF & UC Berkeley will be speaking on "Parkinson's & Cognitive Function."
7. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
Kathy Osbun, President/Chair PSGSC