WHERE: Christ Church United Methodist, 1717 Yulupa Ave., Just south of Hoen Ave.
APRIL 6 SPEAKER: Meeting speaker will be Parkinson's Disease researcher and neurologist Allan Bernstein, M.D. To celebrate April as National Parkinson's Awareness Month, Dr. Bernstein will do interactive Q&A about symptoms, medications, treatments, & research.
1. We are in the process of updating our Membership Data Base. Please fill out the form on the table after getting your name tag at our April meeting. This is for ALL members. We need your current updated information.
2. April is Parkinson's Awareness Month. PUT WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, ON YOUR CALENDARS FOR OUR MARY'S PIZZA SHACK FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR PSGSC. We will get 20% of Dine-in, Take-Out orders, or Delivery orders ALL day on Wednesday, April 10. Flyers/coupons have been e-mailed to you and are available here, and we will have more coupons available at our meeting. This fundraiser is ONLY at the Mary's Pizza Shack on Summerfield Road. Start planning a fun lunch/dinner/pizza delivery/etc. with family and friends at Mary's on Summerfield Rd. on April 10. We had such a good time at our last Mary's fundraiser last October. There will be a sign-up sheet for all those that want to eat together for lunch in the party room at noon.
3. We have been selling "Tulip Pins," the national symbol of Parkinson's Disease, for $5.00. We will have them available at our meetings. This is an on-going fundraiser for PSGSC. Buy your pins and celebrate April as National Parkinson's Awareness Month!!
4. Library Materials such as books or CD's of past speakers that have been checked out need to be returned so they can be available to other members.
5. Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down the chairs/library materials at our Saturday meetings.
6. The DONATION JAR sent around at our general meetings helps PSGSC pay for the monthly meeting rental, storage space, and mailing address at the church, plus speaker stipends, copying of materials, etc. Thanks for your monthly donations!
7. Website: Don't forget that PSGSC has a website www.parkinsonsonomacounty.org where you will find our Mission Statement, Board Meeting Minutes, Meeting Announcements, resources, etc. Check it out!!
6. May 4 meeting : Guest speaker for our May 4 meeting will be Lin Zhang, M.D., Ph.D, Associate Professor of Neurology & a Parkinson's Specialist, University of Davis School of Medicine.
-Kathy Osbun, Chairman PSGSC