Members Absent: Marc Alexander and Suzanne deKozan
Call to Order: The regular meeting of the Board of the Parkinson’s Support Group of Sonoma County (PSGSC) was called to order by Chair, Kathy Osbun at 10:00 a.m.
Approval of Minutes: The Minutes of the October 19, 2016 Board meeting were approved with the following corrections: under “Speakers” Dave Iverson will speak in March rather than the stated February and Alisa Liguori will speak in April rather than the stated March.
Sandy G. reported the income for the month included: Donation Jar
$235.00, earned interest $.71, Oliver’s Community Card $62.80, Mary’s Dine and Donate event $50.00 and play tickets $30.00. Total income for October was $378.51
Expenses included: Dance for PD Class $166.00, Meeting set up/ takedown $50.00 and Singing Group expenses $183.00. Total expenses for the month were $399. Net income for the month was ($20.49), net income for the year is $693.76. Total cash accounts equals $38,007.16.
Art verified that all accounts match bank statements.
Kathy announced that she had received a check for $1000 donation from Betty Greenway.
Dance for PD: Nancy said that the holiday schedule for the Dance for PD class will be the second and third Thursdays of both November and December.
As we approach the end of the year it is time to decide if we want to continue the Dance for PD class for 2017. After a brief discussion of the success of the class Nancy made the motion that we continue the Dance for PD class through 2017. John seconded the motion which was passed on a voice vote. Nancy will make the arrangements with the instructors, musician, Odd Fellows Hall and Insurance.
Nancy said that last year we gave the Dance for PD instructors and musician a holiday gift and want to discuss whether we would do so again this year. John made the motion to gift the instructors and musician $75 per person for a total of $225, Gloria seconded this motion which was passed on a voice vote.
Arrangements are being made for another Dance for PD demo for the March meeting.
Singing Class: John said there has been the occasional class member who went to class on the wrong day and wondered if there were ways to send reminders to people in addition to what has been the usual practice. Sandy G. said that she would send a notice through the mail for those who can’t access email and there will be hard copy class schedules at the meetings.
John made the motion to extend the Singing Class through 2017, Sandy B. seconded the motion which was passed on a voice vote. Kathy will advise Jaime and Nancy will make the arrangements with the Odd Fellows Hall.
Facilitators: John, Sandy B. and Ann will be available to act as facilitators at the February 2017 meeting.
Speakers: There will be no break-out groups at the March meeting as Dave Iverson will speak for the first hour and the Dance for PD class will give a demonstration class during the second hour.
Rob Ellis will play for the Holiday Party at the December meeting. Sandy G. made the motion that we approve a $150.00 stipend for Rob. Nancy seconded the motion which was passed on a voice vote.
Women’s caregiver group: Marie Kay said that the group is growing and they are beginning to need a bit of structure so that it is of benefit to all who come.
Gloria bought a Bamboo dish garden as a gift to thank Davina and Ed Brautman for their time on the Board.
New Board members:
At present there are three people who may be interested in serving on the Board next year. John and Sandy G. will continue to follow up on their contacts.
Sandy would like to write a book report on “Brainstorms” and would like to make sure there are two copies available in the Library. Sandy G. said that she is looking for more book reports. The book reports have stimulated an increased use of the Library.
Gloria said that there were 76 at the last meeting, We had 5 new members.
Gloria continues to make contact with first time attendees and the feed back has beens positive.
There was a $50.00 gift to the Mary’s Dine and Donate event and the event itself brought in $54.00. Sandy G. will send out another email to remind people to set up the Amazon “Smile” program that makes a contribution to our group on a percentage of sales.
Marc is continuing to build a list of wellness providers in the area and April is the target for the training class. All board members are encouraged to add names to Marc’s list.
One person has shown interest in the LSVT LOUD scholarship so far. In
2017 we will begin the LSVT BIG scholarship offering.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:45 a.m. by Chair, Kathy Osbun. The next
Board meeting will be December 21, 2016 at the Brush Creek Senior Living.
Barbara France, Recording Secretary.