Absent: Ann Walker, Phyllis Sands
2. Treasurer’s Report: Sandy Grant reported a June Deposit of $460 ($105 for Pin Sales, $50 Memorial donation for Don Stiling, $105 from Donation Jar, and $200 S.H.E. fundraiser). 71 Tulip Pins have been sold.
Tulip Pin Board at Brush Creek going very well – discussion was had regarding putting similar displays at Spring Lake and Oakmont.
Art Rosenblum advised the Board that the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Santa Rosa was making a $400 donation to PSGSC through their “Share The Basket Program”.
3. Suzanne mentioned the existence of a possible “significant donor” who might be willing to fund a PSGSC project and wanted to know how we would use the donation. A lively discussion ensued, with Dana May raising the possibility of the PSGSC funding an office for a visiting movement specialist. This and other possible projects were discussed, however no formal action was taken. The Board asked Dana May to continue her contacts with Sutter and NCMA and write up what she has found out.
* August meeting 2nd Sat Aug 11; LSVT BIG (Mr. Leavitt)
* October meeting Oct 6: Lisa Grossman Neuropsychologist focus on depression.
* November Meeting Nov 3: Dr. Graham (Alec) Glass PD Specialist(UCSF & VASF)
* December meeting Dec 8: Holiday Party with the River Choir.
The board also discussed getting some publicity going for PD with a possible newspaper article “Faces of PD” and getting the City and County to promote April as PD Recognition Month.
5. A Presentation was made to the Board by Ryan Roberts MSNC a graduate student at SSU. Presentation centered on PD training for health care workers in hospitals and care facilities centering on the need to ensure PD meds are timed to the patients needs not hospital schedule.
6. Board opened discussions on establishing a new committee to maintain a roster of volunteers willing to go to ER to support members as surrogate caregiver. Action tabled to August Board Meeting.
7. August Board Meeting scheduled for Aug 15, 2012.
8. Meeting adjoined at 12:00.