Sandy Grant, Kathy Osbun, Gloria Stubbs, Davida Brautman, Ed Brautman,
Dana May Casperson, Suzanne deKozan, Ann Walker, Barbara France,
David Getzoff, Marc Alexander, Marie Kay Hansen, Art Rosenblum, John Hamilton
Call to Order:
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Parkinson'’s Support Group (PSGSC) was called to order by Chair, Kathy Osbun at 10:10 A.M.
Approval of Minutes:
The minutes were approved with the following changes. The paragraph titled PANC agreement should be changed to PANC "Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU)." Replace the word agreement with MOU in the title and text.
Sandy reviewed the balance sheet and profit and loss statements for June.
For income we received $288.83 in the donation jar for the June meeting, $156.75 from Johnny Garlic'’s fundraiser and $.58 in interest. For the dance class we received $400.00 in donation fees. All numbers include money from one class in May and two classes in June. We received an additional $200 from an individual donation via the Cameo Theater fundraiser. Instructor fees were $550.00 for May and June. We paid $136.00 to Odd Fellows Hall for June classroom rental. In total our cost was $86.00 for the Dance Classes.
For our singing class we received $50.00 in donations. The cost for the instructor was $90.00. We paid $40.00.
We paid $100.00 in speaker fees.
Net profit for the month was $220.16. Net profit through June is $3285.76.
There was no PSGSC Support Group meeting in July.
Cash and net income are the only changes in the balance sheet for the month. Cash increased by $220.16 to $34,832.00.
Dance Class: Nancy reported there were 20 people attending the last dance with $171.00 donated. The people who are attending are very happy with class. Davida asked if there could be an additional class in Nov. and Dec. only one a month has been scheduled because of the holidays. Nancy said would talk to Tori about that. Nancy said that the dance group has and everyone is smiling.
Singing Group: Kathy reported there were 10 people at the last singing session. The venue seems to be large enough to hold 11 people. Everyone is very positive about the class.
Outside Caregiver Group: The group is still meeting at East West Restaurant Second Tues. of the month. All the people in the group feel it'’s beneficial.
Brochures: The new brochures have arrived and the Board is very pleased the printing. They will be added to the New Member packet and Members will distribute them to different facilities in the community .
Database: Gloria made a new Database form which will ask the new include their Health Care Provider. Sandy will email existing and have them respond listing their Health Care Provider by email. The phone tree callers can ask their members on the phone. This is to be used as evidence for the need to bring a Movement Specialist to Sonoma County.
Fundraising: Nancy said she'’d like to prepare a “Press Package”. It include information about the Dance Class that could be printed local papers and magazines. It could also include information about people can donate to our organization. She will do more research and asked Board Members to think about any requests they receive in the mail asking donations and see if there are some ideas we could use.
Nancy brought information about a UCSF conference in San Francisco on Oct.
24. Sandy will send out an email to members.
Program for Nov. 7
There is no speaker scheduled for Nov. 7. We'’re going to do an email and see how many people would be interested in having a meeting devoted to the sharing of Handiwork/Hobbies/Collections, etc. as well as Helpful devices for People with Parkinson's.
We'’ll see what kind of response we get and decide if we have enough
Interest from the membership to go forward. Members can display their models, handmade items, collections, photography, painting, etc. If they have an idea for some item that has been helpful to a person with Parkinson's, they should bring information on how to purchase it.
There was a short discussion of including a raffle. No decision was made.
Strategic Planning Session Review:
Kathy reviewed our list of goals for the future and we discussed the things we've accomplished that were on our list.
- Publicity: Nancy'’s idea of a Press Package should be very valuable.
- Facilitators: We developed list of prompts for the breakout sessions that facilitators may want to use.
- Health Care Entity: New Database to include Health Care Provider on the Form
- Phone Tree: Getting a new phone tree coordinator
- Movement Disorder Specialist: Ongoing
- New attendees: Ongoing
- 2016 Calendar: Ongoing.
- Continue with ideas for the future.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:45 a.m. by Chair, Kathy Osbun. The next meeting will be August 15, 2015 at Brush Creek Senior Living at Brush Creek.
Respectfully submitted by Gloria Stubbs